Saturday, July 19, 2008

Wonderful weekend...

I finally kept my word to Aubrey and finished her skirt. It is way cute. I will take a picture before church tommorrow and show you how it turned out. She was so proud. (me too) Then I took some of the same material, that I absolutely love, and made a cute purse for...me. At least no one has claimed it yet but me. That could be because I am hiding it until I get the chance to use it at church in the morning.
I started with completely different straps, that I refused to take a picture of because they were so ugly that I wanted to cry. I ripped those puppies off and made some new ones. Now, I love them.
The kids played in the sprinklers, again. This is our afternoon ritual since it is so hot and you can only keep the kids cooped up in the air conditioning for so long.
The kids ate lunch and took a nap. I know that a lot of mothers look forward to nap time. I am no exception. Nap time is like a little taste of heaven! I get to refresh and hopefully get some sewing or scrapbooking done. A lot of days it is just full of folding laundry.

My lovely Miranda went out to bring the garbage cans in and the oh so friendly garbage men had dumped the cans and left a lot of garbage on the ground. She didn't even fuss. She just cleaned it up and put the cans away. Thanks Miranda. You're a gem!

Chey got the job of turning our way, way ripe bananas into banana bread. Yummy! She made three loaves today. Thanks for fattening us up, Chey.
This afternoon we are just hanging out in the backyard giving Daddy a chance to take a nap in peace. I would love to go over to the park later and get some great photos of the kids. Maybe it will cool off enough.
My Aunt is having surgery this wednesday to have her foot amputated. She has the mrsa infection and has not been able to get rid of it during the entire last year. She is in extreme pain and the doctor said she could lose the whole leg if they don't do the surgery now. Keep her in your prayers.
Have a great weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels