Sunday, July 13, 2008

Sum, Sum, Summer Time...










Oh my, isn't my little man delicious!? We spent Friday out at the lake just hanging out and having a really good time. I had a touch of the flu so I had to fake my way through a lot of it, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world.













Cadi didn't have to work and did not have classes either. That meant she was able to join us at the lake. Yippee!! So, I was able to spend time with all eight of my wonderful babies. How blessed can one woman be?






Cadi has been struggling with one of her roommates in the dorms. This young lady is, sadly, really struggling with a lot of issues. She is only 18, but comes in drunk every night. She tried to take a kitchen knife and attack one of the roommates the other night. Needless to say, this mom is going to be on the phone first thing monday morning and get ahold of someone to let them know what a serious situation this has become. I feel for this young lady and what her examples must be, but I won't let it put my child in danger. I would rather Cadi come home than to have to live in a dangerous situation like this. Pray for us as we battle this one.






We call them the medium girls. They are our little sand monsters every time we head out to the lake. They had the best time. I get so much joy out of watching these young ladies have the kind of growing up years that I so desperately desired. They are full of love and compassion for others. They are happy, fun loving, sweet, nice and helpful. (most of the time)




I know that sounds like a proud mama talking... and you are right.






This was so my kind of day. It seems like we spend so much time working, driving, going, doing and not nearly enough just being. I love to watch these little munchkins grow and learn. They get how to relax and just be. They don't bring the weeks nastiness with them. They just enjoy the moment. What Bliss!
The trick for me is to learn to be in the moment with them. Even in the midst of the busyness, I don't want to miss those little moments when they just want to be with mommy. More than anything, I want them to know that Mommy just wants to be with them too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels