Thursday, July 24, 2008

vbs, growing up, and family time...

The girls on their way to VBS!

What... you are asking... are these crazy people doing? It is Vacation Bible School this week and the kids are having the best time. This year it is all about the power of Jesus. The kids are learning about God's power as well as the power they have through him. They come home talking about how they don't have to be afraid because God is with them and through him they have power. Amen!

Above is Sydnee rocking out to one of the songs that they sing at VBS.
I love how happy she looks here.
Now, below would be the vbs pick up crew and we were a little bored. Come on... it was about 100 degrees and we arrived a little early. What else were we supposed to do?!
We celebrated Chey's 17th birthday this week. I know that she looks really bored here, but that is mom's fault for taking a bad picture. She had a great time. We ate dinner out and then came home for cake and presents. I am blessed to have had this child in my life for the last 17 years. After almost losing her a couple of years ago, I don't ever want to forget what a blessing each one of the kids is to me.This was tonights dinner. (Bowties and Broccoli) Yummy!
This is dessert tonight. Brownies! It is still cooling on the counter right now. If I can keep the kids out of it for a few more minutes, that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels