Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend fun...

We usually get these completely blue skies with absolutely no white fluffly clouds. We sat out in the back yard for awhile enjoying the wonderful clouds float by.
We mowed both lawns. This is just the back. Then we raked and the girls loaded up the clippings and cleaned everything up.
Okay, this one is in here just for me. You don't have to look... but I will. Hmmm.
I saw this recipe on one of the blogs that I visit. I can't remember which one. It is bananas with marshmallows and chocolate chips and you wrap it in foil and put it on the grill.
Okay, so we tried it. It was gross. Sorry, but it was.
We tossed them and gave the kids icecream.

On sunday, after church, we headed out to some of the fruit stands and grabbed up some yummy stuff. I love to see the fresh fruit and veggies. The colors and smells... oh so good.
Aubrey was very interested in helping choose the tomatoes. She really did a great job.

We brought home some tomatoes, zucchini, watermelon, corn and peaches. I have helped can food before, but never on my own. This was our goal.

The minute we started the process, it brought back the good old days of smelling my grandmothers kitchen. OMG! I can't tell you how great my house smelled. Miranda jumped in, then the husband jumped in and we had such a blast.

We skinned the peaches and sliced them up. There is nothing so wonderful as peach juice running down your arms.

We cooked the peaches in a simple syrup and canned away. Mark gave me a pressure cooker for Mothers Day. I have wanted one for awhile and that good boy... well... he loves me.
Look at the beautiful result.
I am so proud of us. Even better, was hearing my fourteen year old daughter say that she thought it was so much fun to can food. --Me too, girlie. I had a wonderful time with you.


We cleaned up the mess from the peaches and I threw together a yummy dinner of meatballs, peaches, watermelon, sliced tomatoes and corn on the cob.


Summer is wonderful!

Fun... family... food... good times...
It was a Great Weekend!!


1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels