Monday, September 13, 2010

Capture The Moment...

Lately we have had some major downpours!

The ground is saturated...
full...
overflowing...

In otherwords, it can't hold anymore!

Now, I don't want to sound like I'm complaining.
I know I have a tendancy to do that when that yucky white stuff would fall...
but now...
Now...
it is the wet stuff and I love it!

One way or another we have to get to the mail box and see what the outside world has to say to us.
I'm sure they have nothing good to say.
I'm sure of it!

However, I go out to that mail box anyway...
Who makes me do this????
I don't kow, but I am sure it is NOT my fault...
Cadi, STOP laughing!

Anyway, back to the point.
Rain has been falling.
The ground can't soak up any more.

The kids had a great idea.

Let's walk to the mail box and jump in the puddles on the way.

Now, the mom in me said, "What?  Why would we do that?  We might get dirty!"

Who am I kidding?

I said, "That sounds like a great idea!"

And away we went...






For some reason, Ari felt the need to hold her pant legs up the entire trip there and back.
This caused a few problems...
tears...
pout sessions...
meltdowns...

But we persevered.




Brysen did what Brysen does...

He ran and ran...

Run, Forest, run...

Sorry, random movie line going through my head.

He made it to the mail box and then started heading back towards me.

He seemed to be paying more attention to his little sister's meltdown than I was and noticed that she was now at a standstill... or a squat (sqwat, scwat, sacwaat... naw, none of them look right.)... let's just call it a semi sit down, shall we? 


Superstar!!




He walked right past his mother, who was trying to "cature the moment" people.
He treated me like I wasn't doing my job.
He acted like I was letting the world down.
He may have mentioned that I was falling down on the job...

and he went to see if his little sister was okay.
He wanted to comfort her.
He wanted to shield her from the worries of this life.
He wanted to make everything right with the world.

I'm sure this was all an attempt to out-do me at my mothering job...
except, remember...
I was busy "capturing the moment".


Do you see the disappointment in the way he is carrying his shoulders?
Can you hear his heavy sighs?
Do you feel the chastisement?
I feel so bad...
but for posterities sake, I needed these shots!
Stop harrassing me!!

Then even the dog got into the act and comforted her first!

Who does that dog think he is?
He beat us both to the punch!!


Finally, we got her back on her feet.


Finally, she approached a puddle...
checked things out real well...
thought about it long and hard...

Checked to see if Mama was watching...
Yes, sweetie...
I am "capturing the moment"
smile

...and in she went!




































Good times...
Good times.......

And don't you worry!

I will be around to "capture the moment"...
should anything equally entertaining arise!


** and, yes, Galen... if you look closely...you can see my "under construction house" in one of the photos**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels