Friday, September 24, 2010

Homecoming...

Today is HOMECOMING in our small town.

I have never seen a town get more ramped up, excited and go all out!
Today is a parade....
for homecoming.

The whole town has decorated and I have been told to come early because everyone attends the parade and the game!

Miranda has been working on one of the floats for the parade and she said she was amazed that you can call up any store around here and ask for Cabool Bulldog blue paint...
and they know exactly what you are talking about...
and they keep a steady supply of this color on hand.

So cool!

So, tonight I will be sitting on some very uncomfortable bleachers (if I can find a spot) and scream and yell to support my team.  I wouldn't be surprised if I have a bit of a sore throat later... afterall, I am that kind of gal.

All 3 schools get out early today so they can prepare for the parade and the game.
The kids are loving that.
Sydnee gets to ride on the fire truck in the parade...
Which has her so excited she can hardly contain her middle school self.

Miranda will be with the float she and her classmates have been working on.
She is equally excited, just better at hiding it.

I will be there with the camera to "capture the moment", of course.

The following photos have nothing to do with homecoming or the parade.
They are just of a beautiful little girl with a thousand emotions running across her face...
What a blessing!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future..."

clustermaps

Labels